Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A little deja vu

Many of you may not agree, and it's possible that it's just on my mind, but Michael Johns, who is originally from Australia, at first glance, reminds me of Heath Ledger. Not a lot - he's not as handsome - but like the first two seconds that they show him, I saw a resemblance - maybe it was just the shape of his face, I don't know. And it made me sad all over again. I was at work this afternoon, sitting at my desk, when an alert flashed on my screen saying Heath Ledger was dead. It was stunning to me, so unbelievable, I'm still having a hard time believing it's true. He wasn't in the party scene, wasn't a troublemaker. He'd never been arrested or been caught with drugs. It was so unexpected, so shocking, so very sad. When Anna Nicole Smith died, I think there was a feeling of, "OK - that's too bad." But there was no shock - she had been troubled for so long. But Heath Ledger was so talented, just on the brink of really becoming a superstar with his role as The Joker in the next Batman movie - it's just terrible. It wasn't his time.

But I'm getting sidetracked - it's just so ironic that this guy would be on TV tonight, on the very day that Ledger died. Anyway, his voice is really strong, clear tone and everything. I'm not crazy about all the runs - it's too busy for my taste, but he does have a certain something. The judges love him - they tell him he has a soulful sound, and they let him through to Hollywood.

No comments: