Thursday, January 17, 2008

A little confused

Brandon Green intrigues me. I'm a total sucker for a Southern drawl - I can't get enough of it - so I was really enthralled just listening to him talk. Never mind the fact that he's talking about a collection of peeled fingernails, which really is disgusting and completely unnecessary to mention to anyone out loud. But I like him - he's cute in this kind of nonchalant, lazy way. I can't describe what I mean, exactly, but there's something about him I like. His singing is pretty good too - nothing spectacular that would knock your socks off, but good enough where I'd want to see what else he can do - in Hollywood. Randy and Paula agree and they send him through to the next round.

I really wanted Kayla Hatfield to be good - her story was touching - she was in a bad car accident and lost one of her eyes, I think. But she chooses to sing Janis Joplin, which is nearly impossible to do well. In my opinion, the only people to have succeeded in singing as good as Janis Joplin were Janis herself and Melissa Etheridge. No one else has ever come close. So, I was disappointed with her performance, but not because it was bad, per se. It just wasn't what it needed to be. So you can imagine my surprise and confusion when Simon is the first one to give her a yes. Paula says no and it comes down to Randy. Of course, he says yes, too, and another dream is fulfilled in Dallas. I don't think she'll go very far, but it's nice to see her get the opportunity.

No comments: