Thursday, February 14, 2008

Only one major disappointment

Who's Garrett Haley? He's another one we've never seen, but he's through to the finals. Kady Malloy, whom I know we've seen before, but I don't remember much about, makes it through, too.

Yay! Chikezie Eze makes it through. I'll be honest - I liked his audition, but I love his name - it just sounds very cool. I'm hoping to like him for more reasons once I hear him sing again, but either way, I'm glad to see him make it.

Amy Davis? Have we seen her? I feel like maybe we have, but I don't remember - anyway, she's through to the finals, to, as is Alaina Whitaker and Jason Yeager, the guy who for some unknown reason, thought it would be cool to dye a one-inch piece of his hair blond. Looks stupid.

Asia'h Epperson, the girl who lost her father right before her audition, makes it through, as is David Hernandez, who just knocked it out of the park last night.

Josiah Leming, the homeless guy who sings with a British accent is next, and he's feeling confident. He says he thinks they'll put him through. Part of me is annoyed by that confidence, but I suppose that in order to be successful, you have to believe that you can be successful, so I won't hold it against him. But wow... they say no to him. I'm a little surprised and he looks devastated - I feel kind of bad for him. I think he could have added something really interesting to the show this season.

So there's only four people, and two spots left. First up is the two guys - they show a clip of Colton Berry, whom we haven't seen up to this point and I have to say, I don't really care for his voice. I reserve the right to change my mind, but at this moment, I see who he's up against and I just can't bring myself to like him right now. He's up against Kyle Ensley, my adorable dork from Oklahoma.

Well, the other guy makes it - and it will take nothing short of a miracle to make me like him ever. Even Simon makes a point of saying that he doesn't agree with the decision and that he's really disappointed. Simon says he doesn't think Kyle was the best singer but that he thought he could have brought something to the competition and he would have entertained a lot of people watching at home. I know I would have loved to see more of him. I'm really bummed about this decision - bad move, I think.

Joanne Borgella and Cardin McKinney are up next and I don't really have an opinion about either of them. Joanne is from New York, though, so I'm rooting for her. WHAT!!!! My TiVo just cut the show off. Unbelievable. I'm gonna have to go online to find out who made it... Please hold...

If the Internet is at all reliable, it's Joanne who makes it through, but Paula apparently tells Cardin to come back next year. And that's it - we have our Top 24!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The biggest upset would be Josiah not getting a yes...but I do hope Simon Cowell will sign him up since he is a good composer and artist...check out his videos on YouTube...I think Simon can help get him up on his feet to perform his songs-I wiki-searched Simon and he is capable of giving the lad a push...

Anonymous said...

prediction: you herad it here first! but one of the guys will get dumped for some reason or another and Kyle will be brought back to replace him.

Anonymous said...

I also like Kyle Ensley very much. He's really cute in those glasses. The judges' decision was so dissapointing when they chose that Colton guy instead.

Actually i hope that they will somehow bring Kyle back like anonymous said. It would be interesting to see him transformed every week.

Too bad i'm much older that Kyle. I think he's got lot's of potential to be a hot guy.

BTW how tall is he?

Rebecca

Unknown said...

Kyle was cute?? Seriously? Kady Malloy is the girl who did the Britney impersonation during her audition!