Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's the end for Britney's ex

So, I am now 4 for 6. Not too bad.

So, we're back to the results again - girls go first this time around. Ryan tells the front row to stand up - Carly Smithson, Alaina Whitaker, Ramiele Malubay, Syesha Mercado and Kady Malloy. He calls on Carly first and tells her she is safe. Then he turns to Ramiele and tells her to sit down, she is safe too. Syesha is also safe and it's down to the girls I had chosen to go home tonight - Kady Malloy and Alaina Whitaker. I'd say between the two of them, it should probably be Kady, but let's see what America said.

America disagrees, apparently. They voted Alaina Whitaker out. She and Kady both seem stunned, like they both expected it to go the other way. But the news sets in and Alaina starts crying and says she can't sing her song again. How cheesy - they bring all the girls out to give her moral support. She keeps saying that it's going to be horrible and she's right - it's almost worse than last night.

So, it looks like "Idol Gives Back" is coming back this year - mark your calendars - it will air April 9. Brad Pitt will be involved with the show, as will Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon, Mariah Carey, Snoop Dogg, Chris Daughtry and Carrie Underwood. Also, for the first time ever, The John Lennon-Paul McCartney songbook has been made available to "Idol" contestants and top 12 contestant will be singing Beatles song on March 11. I'm so flippin' excited about that - I had heard the news yesterday, I think, but to have it confirmed is just awesome - finally, we'll have the best music ever made on this show.

Well, we're down to our last elimination of the night. Ryan tells the front row to stand up - Luke Menard, David Hernandez, Robbie Carrico, David Cook and David Archuleta. He tells Luke and Robbie to come to the center of the stage and tells the rest of the guys to sit down, that they are safe.

Wow... Didn't see this coming. Robbie Carrico is sent home - along with his wig.

So, not too bad for me... I'm 5 out of 8.

3 comments:

texas65 said...

I couldn't believe that Alaina was sent home. I don't believe either of those girls deserved to go home. I don't care for Syesha her attitude needs adjusted. If you watch the way she looks at the camera all the time like she is all that. I don't mean to step on toes, just my opinion. I think the next american idol will be David A. I will be watching though.
I have a tip to share. I came across this site americanidol-auditions they will send an american idol hopeful to an audition all expenses paid. Pretty awesome!! Spread the word.

Anonymous said...

It's so obnoxious the forced tears and emotion for the ones not being booted. It's so obvious that they have told them to cry to get more face time on camera, and if you can't dry go hug someone that is crying. You know inside they are jumping for joy that it's not them going home.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I thought Alaina for sure would have been kept on.