Wednesday, February 20, 2008

He lights my fire


I'm hoping they saved the best for last, as they usually do. Michael Johns, the cutie Australian is up next and after his "Bohemian Rhapsody" during Hollywood week, I kind of look forward to anything he wants to sing.

I'm a little disappointed that he's chosen "Light My Fire" by the Doors - I was hoping he'd choose something perhaps a bit more obscure, that he could really put his own stamp on, but still, it's not a bad song choice at all, just not what I was hoping for.

I like the extra touch of wearing a scarf... it looks really good on him - and not everyone could pull it off. His voice is great, as expected, and he does a great job with the song.

Randy tells him that he loved him the first day he saw him, that he feels like he's watching a true legend rock performer, that he was the bomb. Paula says it was great ending to the show. Simon says he's the most consistent contestant they've had, that he's loved every one of his auditions. He says it wasn't as good as "Bohemian Rhapsody" but he has a natural charisma of a lead singer.

So, now for the tough part - who should go home? Well, I think Garrett Haley is a shoo-in. No one knows him from a hole in the wall and his performance was boring. I think in terms of performance, Luke Menard should go, too, but I'm not sure it's his time yet. I think it may be Chikezie Eze, who very conspicuously dropped his last name - and picked up an attitude. So that's it... My vote is for Garrett Haley and Chikezie Eze

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good song, horrible performance tho.