Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm intrigued

Josiah Leming is an interesting guy. He's 18 and he's living in his car - he claims he's not homeless, but a guy living in his car is homeless - there's no other way to look at it. He says he likes living in his car, traveling wherever the mood strikes him, but they show him crying, saying how he's lonely and stuff, so I'm not really sure what to make of him, really. He sings a song he wrote and again, I'm not sure what to make of it - it's not horrible - I'm not disgusted or repulsed as I have been with other auditions, but I'm not sure it's good enough to make it through. I kind of feel like if they let him through, it's simply to get him out of his car.

The judges tell him he sounds British when he sings. And he totally does - he almost carries it into his speaking voice too. Paula loves him and says yes. Randy says he's interesting and says yes too. Simon gives him the final yes and he's through. He's quite the intriguing guy - I'm interested to see what else he can do - whether America will appreciate the Southern guy with a British accent.

Either way, only one more day of auditions, thank goodness, and it looks like it's just a collection of the best and wackiest auditions this season. Next week is Hollywood week - finally we're getting to the talent.

No comments: