Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Carly Smithson is in the bottom three

So it looks like they're going to have mentors this season, after all. I had heard that they were moving away from them, focusing more on the contestants. Glad to hear they'll be having guests again - I always enjoyed them. This season, the mentors will be Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond. Not a bad bunch.

The group song this week is another Beatles medley, but it's not as good as last week's. What's going on? They show Brooke White and Ramiele Malubay singing, but you can only hear Brooke - I wonder if something is wrong with Ramiele's microphone... Well, there is one aspect of this medley that I really enjoy - the part where they sing "Because." It's a capella and very pretty. But other than that, it's just not like last week's medley, which was spectacular.

OK, after clips from last night, we're on to the results. Brooke White is up first. And she is the first to join the top 10.

Carly Smithson is next and after the vote, she is the first one in our bottom three. can this really be happening? Can one of my dreams be coming true? I'm so tired of her, I wouldn't mind if she left, but to be fair, she doesn't deserve to go yet, and honestly, I'm actually very surprised to see her in the bottom three. The judges seem a bit surprised too - Paula says America definitely got it wrong. Randy agrees, but says "Blackbird" wasn't the best choice. He adds that she's one of the best singers.

No comments: